In this post, we are going to tell you how to transfer driving license from one state to another in india. People face many problems in doing so. Many people faces problem in the renewal of their license, some shifted to another state in India and their license is going to expire. So in today’s article, we cover all the problems related to a driving license.
How To Transfer Driving License To Another State In India
If you are shifted to a new state and want to get the answer of how to transfer driving license from one state to another in india. Then you need to follow the below-mentioned steps and you also have all mandatory documents To Transfer Driving License To Another State In India:-
- The first main thing is you need your current driving license
- NOC of your current state ( for example:- if you live in Delhi and want to transfer your license to Gujrat then you need a NOC from Delhi RTO )
- Your new residence proof
After that, you have to visit the RTO of the state to which you are going to move and after that submit all the documents including NOC and previous state driving license to the RTO office.
Note that this procedure takes many days and once after done you will receive a new driving license with a new address on it.
Please also note that your driver’s license is valid all over India and I also give the answer to your question of how to transfer driving license from one state to another in india .
Along with transferring you driving license from one state to another in India you need to change the address on RC.
How To Change Address on RC
For changing the address in RC you have to visit the RTO office and after that collect the necessary form from them and fill all forms with correct information. After that you can follow below steps :-
- Write on a blank paper to RTO that you want to change your address in RC or driving license
- Attach a proper address proof with it
- You need to pay the fees ( i do not know how much but it is less than 1000 )
- After that RTO will verify your documents.
Documents Required For How To Transfer Driving License From One State To Another in India
- Your Original RC
- From 28 that allows the vehicle owner to transfer their vehicle ownership from one state to another state
- Form 27 for new address registration on the vehivle
- You pan card copy ( form 60 in case you do not have a pan card )
- Address Proof-Like Adhaar card
- Pollution Under control certificate of vehicle and vehicle tax information certificate
Also, there is one other procedure if you want to transfer your driving license from one state to another state in India. you can wait until your current driving license expires and after that follow below steps to get a new driving license from RTO :-
- Get a NOC from your older address RTO
- Apply for the new license in the state for which you want to get the license
- Follow their guidelines and provide them the NOC you get from your older address RTO
- And after all the process you will receive your new driving license of the current state
Here are common frequently asked questions for the query of how to transfer driving license from one state to another state in india.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question :- Can dl be renewed in other state?
Answer: – yes, you can renew your driving license in any state but you need NOC from the state of which your driving license has.
Question:- Is driving test required for renewal of Licence in India?
Answer:- yes, you need to give driving test if you want to renew your license in india
Question:- Can I renew my Indian driving license online?
Answer:- No you can not renew your dl online but you can get the renewal form online
Question:- Can we drive in Canada with Indian license?
Answer:- Yes you can and also the Indian government will provide an international driving license if you want to drive a vehicle outside of India.
Hope you get the answer of how to transfer driving license from one state to another in india
Read Also :- Best Youtube Channel For Computer science